– while walking, lil miss spied some bell ornaments. she called them “ring-a-bells.” “jingle bells,” the song, is also “ring-a-bell, ring-a-bell…”
– trying to get your own children to pose for a photograph is like asking a dog to make out with a cat.
– apparently there is a pile of glitter somewhere. bean’s head is covered in it.
– i am sporting bruises on my chin, arms, and shoulders. bean is auditioning for the new dyson vacuum cleaner role.
– breast pump flanges are multi-functional, per lil miss. they also function as cameras and stethoscopes. feel free to come over so she can take your picture or give you a physical.
– i gave lil miss her first haircut today, without a bowl. it’s astonishingly ok. the dude only shed a couple of tears.
– there is nothing better than holding 20 pounds of baby chub.
– unless, said baby chub is accompanied by a christmas cookie exchange.
– is it odd to clean before someone comes over to clean your house? because i totally am. and yes, i totally have someone coming over to clean my house tomorrow. between two sick kids, a sick dude, and me, well, it’s just not working out. white flag, dust bunnies. you play a mean game.
– i finished up that bulky cowl in an evening = win.
– i blocked that cowl to realize i had a dropped stitch = lose.
– thank God for christmas cookie consolation.